Arrest made in Torresdale knifepoint robbery
TORRESDALE - July 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say they have arrested the man wanted for a knifepoint robbery at a store in Torresdale.
James Brock, 33, of the 6500 block of Frankford Avenue will be charged in the theft at Lisa and Charlie's Market at 6017 Torresdale Avenue back on June 14th.
Investigators say it was around 5:15 p.m. that day when Brock came into the store, armed with a knife, and demanded money from the employees.
The workers handed over about $60 in cash and Brock allegedly fled on a black bicycle.
Two weeks later an officer in the 15th District saw a posted photo of Brock and recognized him.
Police say Brock was also identified by the victim.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, torresdale, robbery, crime
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 29 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 13 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 54 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man 38 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 54 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 27 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 1 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
27 min ago
- Saving with 6abc: Shopping seasonally
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos