Police: Fire in E. Mount Airy 'suspicious'
EAST MOUNT AIRY - July 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Close friends and family are trying to grasp what happened to 27-year-old Rosalyn Daniels overnight.
Firefighters arrived to heavy flames on the 1200 block of Cliveden Street in East Mount Airy around 12:30 a.m.
Authorities found Daniels home alone in the burning building with lacerations to her throat.
"She was a beautiful person, took great care of her kids, number one mom," family friend Bernetta Sutton said.
Family members say the mother of two, who goes by Rose, worked with special needs adults in New Jersey and loved to sing.
Neighbors say the first indication something was wrong was the sound of fire crackling through wall.
Family members say her grandmother owns the home and has been in the hospital for several days after suffering a stroke Thursday, and her son and daughter are in Florida with Daniels' mother.
Her cousin Ashley Craddock was able to salvage some teddy bears and pictures from the home.
"She's just a really funny, outgoing person; she's kind of like my role model. She's my cousin, so I've known her for forever," Craddock said.
Action News heard from family members that Daniels' car was missing, but there's still no word from police on if they believe it was stolen by Newsome.
philadelphia, east mount airy, fire, crime
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 34 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 11 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 3 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 7 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
7 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
13 min ago