Man wanted in New Jersey killing found in Hartford
HARTFORD, Conn. - July 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- A 22-year-old suspect in a New Jersey homicide has been arrested in Hartford.
Police say Juan Corona had been staying with residents of a Hillside Avenue apartment.
Police tell the Hartford Courant they spotted a man matching Corona's description Thursday entering a business on Ward Street. The U.S. Marshal's Task Force had told them to look for a man with a tattoo of an Indian on his cheek.
Corona was arrested as he left the building.
Police say he will be returned to New Jersey to face charges.
The Courier-Post of Cherry Hill, N.J. reports that Corona is wanted shooting death of 36-year-old Elaido Castro of Camden. Castro was shot multiple times while sitting in a van outside a party in that city at about 2 a.m. on Sunday.
connecticut, new jersey, homicide, crime
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado 1 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today 31 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 25-year-old man shot dead in North Philadelphia 47 min ago
- Teen shot multiple times in Feltonville 49 min ago
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids 24 min ago
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
1 min ago