Police arrest 4 people in flash mob attacks
PHILADELPHIA - July 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- The area around 15th and Locust was pretty peaceful Saturday afternoon, but it was a chaotic scene of teen flash-mob attacks Friday night.
Four people have been arrested, one as young as 11 years old in the flash-mob attacks in Center City Friday night.
Police say the calls started coming in just after 9:00pm about thefts, muggings and physical assaults.
Two men were assaulted by the mob, one at Walnut and Juniper, the other at 15th and Locust. Both men were treated and released from area hospitals.
The swarm numbered 20 to 40 young people. The suspects range in ages from 11 to 19 years old.
All are being charged with robbery, theft and assault charges.
flash mob, assault, philadelphia, pennsylvania, crime
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?