Police arrest 4 people in flash mob attacks
PHILADELPHIA - July 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- The area around 15th and Locust was pretty peaceful Saturday afternoon, but it was a chaotic scene of teen flash-mob attacks Friday night.
Four people have been arrested, one as young as 11 years old in the flash-mob attacks in Center City Friday night.
Police say the calls started coming in just after 9:00pm about thefts, muggings and physical assaults.
Two men were assaulted by the mob, one at Walnut and Juniper, the other at 15th and Locust. Both men were treated and released from area hospitals.
The swarm numbered 20 to 40 young people. The suspects range in ages from 11 to 19 years old.
All are being charged with robbery, theft and assault charges.
flash mob, assault, philadelphia, pennsylvania, crime
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12 13 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape