NJ man charged in friend's death
TOMS RIVER, N.J. - August 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Grand jurors in Ocean County have indicted a man on charges of recklessly causing the death of a friend.
Lasal Brown of Asbury Park remains held on $200,000 bail, charged with manslaughter in the March shooting of 25-year-old Karon Laws in Jackson.
Relatives of the victim told the Asbury Park Press http://bit.ly/pOied5 the friends were playing with a gun in the victim's apartment complex when the weapon fired. Laws was pronounced dead at the scene.
It's not known whether Brown has retained a lawyer.
Information from: Asbury Park Press, http://www.app.com
shooting, guns, toms river, new jersey, crime
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- Milder this afternoon 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash 15 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs