NJ man charged in friend's death
TOMS RIVER, N.J. - August 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Grand jurors in Ocean County have indicted a man on charges of recklessly causing the death of a friend.
Lasal Brown of Asbury Park remains held on $200,000 bail, charged with manslaughter in the March shooting of 25-year-old Karon Laws in Jackson.
Relatives of the victim told the Asbury Park Press http://bit.ly/pOied5 the friends were playing with a gun in the victim's apartment complex when the weapon fired. Laws was pronounced dead at the scene.
It's not known whether Brown has retained a lawyer.
Information from: Asbury Park Press, http://www.app.com
shooting, guns, toms river, new jersey, crime
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby 15 min ago
- Philadelphia police officer's stolen SUV found 33 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
- Video: First dog knocks down toddler at White House