Arrest made in homicide of elderly West Chester man
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - August 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities in suburban Philadelphia say a suspect being sought in the slaying of an elderly man last week has been taken into custody.
Officials in West Chester say 39-year-old Jorge Davila was captured at about noon Tuesday in the Kensington section of Philadelphia.
Police say 86-year-old Augusto Rivera was found in his unit in the Apartments for Modern Living complex in West Chester on July 25. He had been strangled and suffocated.
Police chief Scott Bohn said Rivera had loaned Davila $400 and the suspect wanted more money, but the victim did not want to give him any more.
Police said Davila would be taken to Chester County Prison on charges of homicide, robbery, theft and receiving stolen property; it was unclear whether he had an attorney.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, homicide, robbery, theft, west chester, crime
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 14 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 39 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man 23 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 39 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 12 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
12 min ago
- Saving with 6abc: Shopping seasonally
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos