Arrest made in homicide of elderly West Chester man
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - August 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities in suburban Philadelphia say a suspect being sought in the slaying of an elderly man last week has been taken into custody.
Officials in West Chester say 39-year-old Jorge Davila was captured at about noon Tuesday in the Kensington section of Philadelphia.
Police say 86-year-old Augusto Rivera was found in his unit in the Apartments for Modern Living complex in West Chester on July 25. He had been strangled and suffocated.
Police chief Scott Bohn said Rivera had loaned Davila $400 and the suspect wanted more money, but the victim did not want to give him any more.
Police said Davila would be taken to Chester County Prison on charges of homicide, robbery, theft and receiving stolen property; it was unclear whether he had an attorney.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, homicide, robbery, theft, west chester, crime
- School Closings & Delays
- Tracking More Snow 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot 3 min ago
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Tracking More Snow
42 min ago
- John Rawlins reports from Cherry Hill on...
55 min ago
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos