Arrest made in homicide of elderly West Chester man
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - August 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities in suburban Philadelphia say a suspect being sought in the slaying of an elderly man last week has been taken into custody.
Officials in West Chester say 39-year-old Jorge Davila was captured at about noon Tuesday in the Kensington section of Philadelphia.
Police say 86-year-old Augusto Rivera was found in his unit in the Apartments for Modern Living complex in West Chester on July 25. He had been strangled and suffocated.
Police chief Scott Bohn said Rivera had loaned Davila $400 and the suspect wanted more money, but the victim did not want to give him any more.
Police said Davila would be taken to Chester County Prison on charges of homicide, robbery, theft and receiving stolen property; it was unclear whether he had an attorney.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, homicide, robbery, theft, west chester, crime
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 35 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act