Viewer tip call leads to ID theft arrest
PLYMOUTH TWP., Pa. - August 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police have arrest the first suspect in the search for a pair of identity thieves wanted for credit card fraud.
Katrina Ellison hid her face from the cameras, but Plymouth Township Police say she wasn't shy when she walked into several stores between Plymouth Meeting and Philadelphia committing credit card fraud with her children in tow.
Investigators say Ellison and the man with her, found a wallet two weeks ago and went on a shopping spree, racking up almost $2,500 in electronics and fast food.
An Action News viewer saw our report Thursday night and gave up Ellison which led detectives to her East Norriton home.
"We went to her house initially, her vehicle was there, we understand she was inside," said Detective Jeffrey McGee.
Since Ellison wouldn't answer at her home, investigators got a search warrant, came back and knocked down her door.
Police found the silver SUV from the surveillance video outside her home, and the illegally purchased items inside.
But Ellison wasn't there.
She turned herself in late Friday evening, confessing to her crimes and giving the police the name of her accomplice.
Police are now looking for 24 year old Jeremiah Harris.
"He needs to turn himself in to the Plymouth Township Police Department or any police department to make things go smoother," said Detective McGee.
Harris has a previous arrest for retail theft, and is currently in a program to have the misdemeanor charge taken off his record.
As for Ellison, a judge has set her bail at $15,000.
The victim in the case says that she is speechless and thankful to have the duo identified.
identity theft, montgomery county, pennsylvania, crime
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 7 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 14 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 57 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 11 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 18 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 2 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 2 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 13 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos