4 teens accused of stretching wrap across highway
COLTS NECK, N.J. - August 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Four teenagers are accused of stretching clear industrial-strength plastic wrap across a highway, where it was struck by a motorcyclist.
The motorcyclist was not harmed.
Police say the wrap was placed across Route 34 and Clover Hill Road in Colts Neck.
Police Detective Sgt. Joseph Whitehead told the Asbury Park Press the 13- and 14-year-old residents also tampered with a child's swing-set seat. Whitehead says the mother caught her daughter before she fell to the ground.
At least one homeowner had a vehicle wrapped with the material and duct tape,
The boys are charged with multiple counts of interference of transportation, theft, harassment and criminal mischief.
Their names have not been released because of their ages.
Information from: Asbury Park Press, http://www.app.com
new jersey, crime
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
31 min ago
- Skydiver gets tangled with landing plane
18 min ago
- Student meets bone marrow recipient for...
15 min ago