Police are asking for help in winter murder
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - August 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- It was a cold blooded killing that happened in the dead of winter, and family members are hoping a large reward will help bring the killer to justice.
"It's got to stop at sometime. It's got to stop. People have to start opening up," said Santo Montecalvo.
Santo Montecalvo of the Citizens Crime Commission is talking about the unsolved murder of 44 year old Samuel Pressley, Jr., and the fact that no one is speaking up.
It was a snowy Sunday afternoon on January 30th. Police were summoned to a home in the 1000 block of 54th Street in Southwest Philadelphia.
Pressley's body was found in the bedroom. He had been shot in the head. His family said he had also been robbed.
"All his furs, links and jewelry; all was gone," said the victim's father, Samuel Pressley, Sr. "All of his money was gone out of the house."
The victim's father says someone was seen double parked in front of his son's home earlier that day, and he says that same person was questioned and released by police.
The case has run cold, and police are asking for help.
The family has posted a $5,000 reward. Anyone with information is asked to call the Citizens Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS.
"Do what's right for your conscience," said Montecalvo. "Let it out. Call 215-546-TIPS; remain anonymous, and you'll get the reward."
And your information will help bring closure for a grieving father."
I would appreciate that, because it wasn't worth his death," said Samuel Pressley, Sr.
Again, the reward is $5,000 for information leading to an arrest or conviction. Call the Citizens Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS.
crimefighters, homicide, philadelphia, pennsylvania, southwest philadelphia, crime
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student death 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens 26 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash 56 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 21 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures