Suspect sought in attempted McDonald's robbery
EAST MOUNT AIRY - August 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating the attempted robbery of a McDonalds early Thursday morning.
It happened in the 2200 block of Stenton Avenue around 3:00 a.m.
Preliminary information indicates a man armed with a gun threw a rock through the drive-thru window and entered the restaurant.
He attempted to rob it, police say, but left without any money. There is no word on what thwarted the attempt.
The search for the suspect continues.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, east mount airy, robbery, crime
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 38 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 1 min ago
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos