Phila. police ID suspect in fast food robberies
PHILADELPHIA - August 19, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have identified the man wanted for hold-ups at two local fast food restaurants.
Action News has learned that police issued an arrest warrant for Jerome Edwards on Friday morning.
Police released surveillance video on Thursday allegedly showing Edwards breaking into the drive-thru window of a McDonald's in East Mount Airy early that morning.
The suspect brandished a gun and the employees fled. However, the man then left without taking any money.
On Tuesday, police say, the same man held up a Wendy's in Germantown. He put on a black ski mask, pulled a gun, and got away with cash from the register.
Edwards is considered armed and dangerous.
The Citizens Crime Commission is offering a $2,000 reward for his arrest and conviction.
The number to call is 215-546-TIPS.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, east mount airy, germantown, robbery, crime
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 19 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW Philadelphia 9 min ago
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
19 min ago
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW...
9 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos