Police say Del. man is arrested in assault case
SEAFORD, Del. - August 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a 30-year-old Bridgeville man has been arrested in an assault case at a Seaford home.
Authorities say Paul D. Parker Jr. has been arrested for second degree assault, possession of a deadly weapon during the commission of a felony, terroristic threatening and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child.
Police say Parker and his 25-year-old girlfriend were in the kitchen of her home on Aug. 27 when they bumped into each other and then began arguing. Authorities say Parker then punched the victim several times in the head before holding a pocket knife against the woman's face.
Police say she suffered a puncture wound to her nose when she tried to break free of Parker's grasp. He fled but was arrested on Monday.
delaware, sussex county, assault, crime
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ