NJ woman charged after dog hangs itself
OCEAN TOWNSHIP, N.J.- September 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities have charged a New Jersey woman with animal cruelty after her dog hanged itself in her minivan while the family ate dinner at a Chinese restaurant.
Authorities say Isabella Rojas-Soriano of Perth Amboy tied the dog's leash to a headrest before going inside the restaurant in Ocean Township Tuesday.
Monmouth County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals chief Victor "Buddy" Amato told the Asbury Park Press the Yorkie, "Scoobey," apparently became excited during the family's absence and wrap the leash around the headrest.
The family returned to the vehicle and found the dog dead.
Rojas-Soriano is charged with two counts of animal cruelty for leaving an animal unattended inside a vehicle and for carrying an animal in an inhumane way.
new jersey, monmouth county, animal abuse, crime
- School Closings & Delays
- Tracking More Snow 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst 9 min ago
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Tracking More Snow
18 min ago
- Katherine Scott reports on the storm...
38 min ago
- John Rawlins reports from Cherry Hill on...
31 min ago
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos