NJ woman charged after dog hangs itself
OCEAN TOWNSHIP, N.J.- September 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities have charged a New Jersey woman with animal cruelty after her dog hanged itself in her minivan while the family ate dinner at a Chinese restaurant.
Authorities say Isabella Rojas-Soriano of Perth Amboy tied the dog's leash to a headrest before going inside the restaurant in Ocean Township Tuesday.
Monmouth County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals chief Victor "Buddy" Amato told the Asbury Park Press the Yorkie, "Scoobey," apparently became excited during the family's absence and wrap the leash around the headrest.
The family returned to the vehicle and found the dog dead.
Rojas-Soriano is charged with two counts of animal cruelty for leaving an animal unattended inside a vehicle and for carrying an animal in an inhumane way.
new jersey, monmouth county, animal abuse, crime
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 32 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 31 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
32 min ago