Pictures released of Roxborough bank robber
ROXBOROUGH - September 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are on the lookout for a man that held up a Wells Fargo bank in the Roxborough section on Thursday evening.
Police say shortly before 5:30 p.m. Thursday a man entered the bank located at 6918 Ridge Avenue and presented a teller with a demand note.
After receiving roughly $600, the man fled the bank and remains at large.
He is described as a clean shaven white man, believed to be in his 20's, wearing a black baseball cap and all black clothing.
He received no bait money and there was no dye pack.
There were no injuries to employees or customers.
Police say the man also fits the description of the man that robbed a Continental Bank at 7133 Ridge Avenue on Tuesday.
Anyone with information on the identity or wherabouts of this man is asked to call 911 or submit a tip online at the Philadelphia Police website.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, roxborough, bank robbery, crime
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 29 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 2 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act