Pictures released of Roxborough bank robber
ROXBOROUGH - September 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are on the lookout for a man that held up a Wells Fargo bank in the Roxborough section on Thursday evening.
Police say shortly before 5:30 p.m. Thursday a man entered the bank located at 6918 Ridge Avenue and presented a teller with a demand note.
After receiving roughly $600, the man fled the bank and remains at large.
He is described as a clean shaven white man, believed to be in his 20's, wearing a black baseball cap and all black clothing.
He received no bait money and there was no dye pack.
There were no injuries to employees or customers.
Police say the man also fits the description of the man that robbed a Continental Bank at 7133 Ridge Avenue on Tuesday.
Anyone with information on the identity or wherabouts of this man is asked to call 911 or submit a tip online at the Philadelphia Police website.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, roxborough, bank robbery, crime
- Multi-vehicle crash shuts down EB Pa. Turnpike 6 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 22 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly 53 min ago
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 30 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
22 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West...
53 min ago