Roxborough bank robber strikes again
ROXBOROUGH - September 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the man responsible for three bank robberies in the Roxborough section of Philadelphia.The man pictured is wanted in connection with a robbery at the Citizen's Bank on the 6000 block of Ridge Avenue.
Police say shortly before 5:30 p.m. Thursday the same man entered the Wells Fargo Bank located at 6918 Ridge Avenue and presented a teller with a demand note.
After receiving roughly $600, the man fled the scene.
Police say the suspect also fits the description of the man that robbed a Continental Bank at 7133 Ridge Avenue on Tuesday.
He is described as a clean shaven white man, believed to be in his 20s, wearing a black baseball cap and all black clothing.
He received no bait money and there was no dye pack.
There were no injuries to employees or customers.
Anyone with information on the identity or wherabouts of this man is asked to call the FBI at 215-418-4000 or submit a tip online at the Philadelphia Police website.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, roxborough, bank robbery, crime
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 10 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 33 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police