Roxborough bank robber strikes again
ROXBOROUGH - September 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the man responsible for three bank robberies in the Roxborough section of Philadelphia.The man pictured is wanted in connection with a robbery at the Citizen's Bank on the 6000 block of Ridge Avenue.
Police say shortly before 5:30 p.m. Thursday the same man entered the Wells Fargo Bank located at 6918 Ridge Avenue and presented a teller with a demand note.
After receiving roughly $600, the man fled the scene.
Police say the suspect also fits the description of the man that robbed a Continental Bank at 7133 Ridge Avenue on Tuesday.
He is described as a clean shaven white man, believed to be in his 20s, wearing a black baseball cap and all black clothing.
He received no bait money and there was no dye pack.
There were no injuries to employees or customers.
Anyone with information on the identity or wherabouts of this man is asked to call the FBI at 215-418-4000 or submit a tip online at the Philadelphia Police website.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, roxborough, bank robbery, crime
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 25 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 38 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
25 min ago