2nd teen arrested in suspected hate crime
NEW CASTLE, Del. - September 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- New Castle County police say they've arrested a second person over a suspected hate crime in which a cross made of PVC pipe was planted in a man's yard with racial slurs written across it.
Detectives arrested the 15-year-old boy Tuesday. Police say he's been charged with second-degree conspiracy, harassment and a hate crime. Previously arrested was a 16-year-old boy who was charged with harassment and hate crime.
The cross was found shortly after noon Monday in Delaplane Manor.
delaware, new castle county, newark, hate crime, crime
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 48 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 25 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 48 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade