Deadly home invasion in Strawberry Mansion
Sunday, September 11, 2011
STRAWBERRY MANSION - September 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a home invasion in the Strawberry Mansion section of Philadelphia, that left one person dead and three others injured.It happened around 1:00 a.m. on the 1800 block of North Newkirk Street. Police were called to the scene, where they found four male victims shot inside the home. A 20-year-old male suffered gunshot wounds to the head, and was pronounced dead at the scene. The remaining victims, a 41-year-old male, and two 27-year-old males were shot multiple times. They were taken to Temple University Hospital, where they remain in critical condition. So far no arrests have been made.
(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
pennsylvania, philadelphia, strawberry mansion, home invasion, shooting, crime
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 9 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos