Chester Co. man faces 100 child porn charges
HONEY BROOK, Pa. - September 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Chester County man has been charged with more than 100 counts of possession of child pornography.
The Chester County District Attorney's office said Gilbert C. Niedenthal, 45, of Honey Brook, Pa. surrendered to police on Tuesday.
The investigation began when information was provided to the Chester County Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force by the FBI and Customs Enforcement.
The ICAC says those agencies were involved in a separate investigation of child pornography, and information gathered was used to obtain a search warrant in Niedenthal's home in Honey Brook.
Officers seized and examined computers obtained from the home. Based on that examination, investigators say they determined that Niedenthal was in possession of numerous images depicting child pornography.
He is charged with:
-100 counts of Sexual Abuse of Children - Possession of Child Pornography
-1 count of Sexual Abuse of Children - Dissemination of Child Pornography
-1 count of Criminal Use of Communication Facility
Niedenthal was arraigned after turning himself in and was committed to Chester County prison after failing to post $50,000.00 cash bail.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for September 16th.
pennsylvania, chester county, child porn, crime
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police