Mass. police: NJ man has cocaine in shoes
BOSTON - September 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey man is scheduled to appear in a Boston court to answer charges that he tried to smuggle more than two kilograms of cocaine in the insoles of several pairs of shoes in his checked luggage.
State police say 24-year-old Carlos Lanns of Hamilton, N.J. was arrested just after 7 p.m. on Monday after arriving at Boston's Logan International Airport on a JetBlue flight.
Police did not say how it was determined there was cocaine inside the shoes.
Police say Lanns was held overnight on $25,000 cash bail and is scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday in East Boston District Court.
It was not immediately clear if he had a lawyer.
new jersey, illegal drugs, crime
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd 6 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular 51 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps 10 min ago
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud 6 min ago
- Man accused of sexual relationship with teen niece
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia 8 min ago
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- Stormy to spectacular
51 min ago
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
6 min ago
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
10 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos