Mass. police: NJ man has cocaine in shoes
BOSTON - September 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey man is scheduled to appear in a Boston court to answer charges that he tried to smuggle more than two kilograms of cocaine in the insoles of several pairs of shoes in his checked luggage.
State police say 24-year-old Carlos Lanns of Hamilton, N.J. was arrested just after 7 p.m. on Monday after arriving at Boston's Logan International Airport on a JetBlue flight.
Police did not say how it was determined there was cocaine inside the shoes.
Police say Lanns was held overnight on $25,000 cash bail and is scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday in East Boston District Court.
It was not immediately clear if he had a lawyer.
new jersey, illegal drugs, crime
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 29 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash 58 min ago
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Carolers to perform for cancer patient in...
30 min ago