Man, 91, in good spirits after CBP hit and run
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- 91-year-old Raymond Dicrescenzo loves his Phillies and he's got quite a few pictures from over the years around his home to prove it.
The New Hope, Bucks County man has been to just about every game this season, but last night's trip to the ballpark almost cost him his life.
"I thought I was a goner," Raymond said with a laugh.
The hit and run occurred around 9:25 p.m. Tuesday at 8th Street and Pattison Avenue, just outside Citizens Bank Park.
"I saw him coming at me and I stepped back and he just brushed me. I thought he was going to stop first but he didn't stop, he brushed me and knocked me over," Raymond said.
Fans rushed to help the man who was with his wife Adele.
"I can't even remember and I was so frightened that everything went blank," Adele said.
Medics rushed the man to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital for treatment.
Despite the force of the impact, Raymond doesn't have one broken bone, but he suffered an injury to his head.
However, he's feeling good, well enough, for the Diamond Club ticketholder to take his wife of 70 years to another game tonight.
"[He's] just great; they don't come any better," Adele said.
Surprisingly, Raymond doesn't have any anger for the hit and run driver.
"When I reach 100, I would like to throw the first ball out, if they let me do it," Raymond said.
For now the Phillies will show Raymond on the Phanavision screen during tonight's game.
As for the hit and run driver, police say he was in a grey or silver pickup truck, possibly a Nissan, with a Delaware license plate.
There are cameras outside the park so police will look at the video to try to get a lead.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, south philadelphia, hit and run, citizens bank park, crime
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs