Man stabbed to death in Reading
READING, Pa. - September 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man was killed in an assault late Wednesday afternoon in Reading, Berks County.
Police got the call shortly before 6:00 p.m. from the area of Maple and Chestnut streets. Upon arrival officers found the victim, identified as Jemssy Cabassa-Bracero of Patton Avenue in Reading, having suffered a stab wound.
Cabassa-Bracero was pronounced dead at the scene.
There is no word at this time on suspects or a motive.
Police blocked off the area with crime scene tape while they conduct their investigation.
homicide, stabbing, reading, pennsylvania, crime
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run