2nd suspect surrenders in deadly AC carjacking
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - September 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- A second suspect in the fatal carjacking of a Middlesex County man from an Atlantic City casino parking garage has surrendered to police.
The Atlantic County Prosecutor's office says 20-year-old Eric Darden of Camden turned himself in on Thursday.
Another suspect, 20-year-old Phillip Byrd of Camden, was arrested at his home Tuesday evening. A third suspect, Raheem Simmons of Camden, is still being sought. They are charged with murder, carjacking and other offenses in Sunday's fatal shooting of 28-year-old Sunil Rattu of Old Bridge. His companion, 24-year-old Radha Ghetia of Sayreville, also was shot but is recovering from her wounds. Find out about Breaking News as it happens. Sign up for 6abc.com Breaking News Alerts.
new jersey, atlantic county, carjacking, crime
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids