Suspect in AC casino carjacking due in court
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - September 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- The third suspect in the fatal carjacking of a Middlesex County man from an Atlantic City casino parking garage faces an initial court appearance Monday.
A fugitive task force arrested 18-year-old Raheem Simmons in Camden on Friday.
Simmons, 20-year-old Eric Darden and 20-year-old Phillip Byrd are charged with murder, carjacking and other offenses.
Authorities say 28-year-old Sunil Rattu of Old Bridge and 24-year-old Radha Ghetia of Sayreville were robbed of a small amount of cash in the Trump Taj Mahal parking garage, then forced to drive to a nearby alley, where both were shot on Sept. 18.
Rattu died from two gunshot wounds to the head. Ghetia was shot in the upper body but survived.
new jersey, atlantic county, carjacking, crime
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies 7 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 4 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage 59 min ago
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
4 min ago