Suspect in AC casino carjacking due in court
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - September 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- The third suspect in the fatal carjacking of a Middlesex County man from an Atlantic City casino parking garage faces an initial court appearance Monday.
A fugitive task force arrested 18-year-old Raheem Simmons in Camden on Friday.
Simmons, 20-year-old Eric Darden and 20-year-old Phillip Byrd are charged with murder, carjacking and other offenses.
Authorities say 28-year-old Sunil Rattu of Old Bridge and 24-year-old Radha Ghetia of Sayreville were robbed of a small amount of cash in the Trump Taj Mahal parking garage, then forced to drive to a nearby alley, where both were shot on Sept. 18.
Rattu died from two gunshot wounds to the head. Ghetia was shot in the upper body but survived.
new jersey, atlantic county, carjacking, crime
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha... 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
29 min ago