Suspect in AC casino carjacking due in court
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - September 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- The third suspect in the fatal carjacking of a Middlesex County man from an Atlantic City casino parking garage faces an initial court appearance Monday.
A fugitive task force arrested 18-year-old Raheem Simmons in Camden on Friday.
Simmons, 20-year-old Eric Darden and 20-year-old Phillip Byrd are charged with murder, carjacking and other offenses.
Authorities say 28-year-old Sunil Rattu of Old Bridge and 24-year-old Radha Ghetia of Sayreville were robbed of a small amount of cash in the Trump Taj Mahal parking garage, then forced to drive to a nearby alley, where both were shot on Sept. 18.
Rattu died from two gunshot wounds to the head. Ghetia was shot in the upper body but survived.
new jersey, atlantic county, carjacking, crime
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos