Woman shot in attempted carjacking in Holmesburg
HOLMESBURG - September 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating what they say appears to be an attempted carjacking gone wrong in the city's Holmesburg section.
Officials say a 26-year-old woman was getting into her vehicle around 6:40 Friday morning in the 7400 block of Jackson Street when a male attempted to get into her vehicle.
The woman managed to drive off but the male allegedly fired a gun, striking her one time in the hip.
She managed to drive to the area of Frankford and Cottman avenues where she reported the incident. The woman is said to be in stable condition at Aria Hospital Torresdale division.
The suspect remains at large.
carjacking, shooting, bridesburg, philadelphia, crime
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby 57 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today 2 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 50 min ago
- Police officer's SUV stolen with gun, badge 55 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting
- Fight erupts during Philly Christmas tree...
14 min ago