Boyfriend arrested in Port Richmond strangulation
PORT RICHMOND - September 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man is in custody after allegedly strangling his girlfriend inside a Port Richmond home.
Police in the 24th District responded just after 11:00 a.m. Friday to the 1900 block of East Tioga Street. There, they discovered the 30-year-old female victim after having been strangled.
The victim was transported to Aria-Frankford Hospital where she was pronounced dead at 11:40 a.m..
The Boyfriend is now in police custody.
Police are not yet releasing the names of the victim or suspect.
strangling, homicide, port richmond, philadelphia, crime
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos