Boyfriend arrested in Port Richmond strangulation
PORT RICHMOND - September 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man is in custody after allegedly strangling his girlfriend inside a Port Richmond home.
Police in the 24th District responded just after 11:00 a.m. Friday to the 1900 block of East Tioga Street. There, they discovered the 30-year-old female victim after having been strangled.
The victim was transported to Aria-Frankford Hospital where she was pronounced dead at 11:40 a.m..
The Boyfriend is now in police custody.
Police are not yet releasing the names of the victim or suspect.
strangling, homicide, port richmond, philadelphia, crime
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 30 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty 29 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain 16 min ago
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie 26 min ago
- Down At The Shore