Boyfriend arrested in Port Richmond strangulation
PORT RICHMOND - September 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man is in custody after allegedly strangling his girlfriend inside a Port Richmond home.
Police in the 24th District responded just after 11:00 a.m. Friday to the 1900 block of East Tioga Street. There, they discovered the 30-year-old female victim after having been strangled.
The victim was transported to Aria-Frankford Hospital where she was pronounced dead at 11:40 a.m..
The Boyfriend is now in police custody.
Police are not yet releasing the names of the victim or suspect.
strangling, homicide, port richmond, philadelphia, crime
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays 33 min ago
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Video: John Rawlins reports on a slushy start
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally 55 min ago
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
18 min ago