Crimefighters: Who killed Chaz Young
October 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- It's been a little over a year since a gunman opened fire on a crowd killing a Philadelphia dad who never got a chance to meet his baby daughter.
It happened at 1:00 a.m. September 20th of last year in the 300 block of West Queen Lane in Germantown.
A gunman opened fire on a group of people, killing Chaz Young.
"Someone had to know that bullet was gonna hit somebody. And unfortunately it just had to be my brother," said Young's sister, Candice.
No one seems to know the gunman's motive. One thing is for certain, Young's murder leaves behind a family who misses him and a baby girl who will never know her father.
Stephanie Sahm, Young's mother, says, "He had a daughter he's never seen. She was just born in April. She's only 5 months old."
Candice added, "[His daughter] looks just like him. When I look at her, sometimes I can't even look at her, because I just think of my brother. Because she looks exactly like him."
John Apeldorn from the Citizen's Crime Commission explains, "The family wants to send a message. They're not gonna forget about this. They've offered a $3000 reward for an arrest and conviction. They want someone to pay. And they are not gonna rest until someone gets arrested and convicted."
Make that anonymous call to the Citizen's Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS.
crime, brian taff
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino 19 min ago
- Snow plot overturns on I-95 in Delaware 26 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 14 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
14 min ago