Crimefighters: Who killed Chaz Young
October 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- It's been a little over a year since a gunman opened fire on a crowd killing a Philadelphia dad who never got a chance to meet his baby daughter.
It happened at 1:00 a.m. September 20th of last year in the 300 block of West Queen Lane in Germantown.
A gunman opened fire on a group of people, killing Chaz Young.
"Someone had to know that bullet was gonna hit somebody. And unfortunately it just had to be my brother," said Young's sister, Candice.
No one seems to know the gunman's motive. One thing is for certain, Young's murder leaves behind a family who misses him and a baby girl who will never know her father.
Stephanie Sahm, Young's mother, says, "He had a daughter he's never seen. She was just born in April. She's only 5 months old."
Candice added, "[His daughter] looks just like him. When I look at her, sometimes I can't even look at her, because I just think of my brother. Because she looks exactly like him."
John Apeldorn from the Citizen's Crime Commission explains, "The family wants to send a message. They're not gonna forget about this. They've offered a $3000 reward for an arrest and conviction. They want someone to pay. And they are not gonna rest until someone gets arrested and convicted."
Make that anonymous call to the Citizen's Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS.
crime, brian taff
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 59 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting 48 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 5 min ago
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
5 min ago