Crimefighters: Who killed Chaz Young
October 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- It's been a little over a year since a gunman opened fire on a crowd killing a Philadelphia dad who never got a chance to meet his baby daughter.
It happened at 1:00 a.m. September 20th of last year in the 300 block of West Queen Lane in Germantown.
A gunman opened fire on a group of people, killing Chaz Young.
"Someone had to know that bullet was gonna hit somebody. And unfortunately it just had to be my brother," said Young's sister, Candice.
No one seems to know the gunman's motive. One thing is for certain, Young's murder leaves behind a family who misses him and a baby girl who will never know her father.
Stephanie Sahm, Young's mother, says, "He had a daughter he's never seen. She was just born in April. She's only 5 months old."
Candice added, "[His daughter] looks just like him. When I look at her, sometimes I can't even look at her, because I just think of my brother. Because she looks exactly like him."
John Apeldorn from the Citizen's Crime Commission explains, "The family wants to send a message. They're not gonna forget about this. They've offered a $3000 reward for an arrest and conviction. They want someone to pay. And they are not gonna rest until someone gets arrested and convicted."
Make that anonymous call to the Citizen's Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS.
crime, brian taff
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler 31 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash 52 min ago
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup 22 min ago
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in 12 min ago
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years 33 min ago
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
52 min ago