Montco man charged in sex tape extortion
GLENSIDE, Pa. - October 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Montgomery County man has been charged with extortion after, police say, he used a sex tape to demand thousands of dollars from his ex-girlfriend.
Omari Listenbee, 33, of Glenside, was arrested on Monday.
It all began on Sunday when the victim, a 37-year-old woman from Exton, Pa., came to police claiming that Listenbee was threatening to post sexually explicit videos of her unless she paid him $3,000.
The victim explained that Listenbee recorded the two of them engaged in sexual intercourse without her knowledge or permission.
The woman went on to tell police that, on Sunday, Listenbee began threatening to post the videos on the internet and send them to the Facebook accounts of all of her friends as well as her place of employment and a family member.
Police say Listenbee even sent still photographs from the videos to the victim as proof of its existence.
Officers say, during a phone call, Listenbee implicated himself, so a meeting was arranged.
At that meeting, police say the victim handed Listenbee an envelope full of marked and copied bills. When Listenbee accepted the envelope, he was arrested.
Listenbee was released on $7,500 unsecured bail.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, extortion, sex, crime
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 2 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
31 min ago