Montco man charged in sex tape extortion
GLENSIDE, Pa. - October 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Montgomery County man has been charged with extortion after, police say, he used a sex tape to demand thousands of dollars from his ex-girlfriend.
Omari Listenbee, 33, of Glenside, was arrested on Monday.
It all began on Sunday when the victim, a 37-year-old woman from Exton, Pa., came to police claiming that Listenbee was threatening to post sexually explicit videos of her unless she paid him $3,000.
The victim explained that Listenbee recorded the two of them engaged in sexual intercourse without her knowledge or permission.
The woman went on to tell police that, on Sunday, Listenbee began threatening to post the videos on the internet and send them to the Facebook accounts of all of her friends as well as her place of employment and a family member.
Police say Listenbee even sent still photographs from the videos to the victim as proof of its existence.
Officers say, during a phone call, Listenbee implicated himself, so a meeting was arranged.
At that meeting, police say the victim handed Listenbee an envelope full of marked and copied bills. When Listenbee accepted the envelope, he was arrested.
Listenbee was released on $7,500 unsecured bail.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, extortion, sex, crime
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr