Mother of four shot, killed in Overbrook
OVERBROOK - October 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- A mother of four was shot and killed Saturday evening - the innocent victim of gunfire in Overbrook and police are searching for the gunmen
Shots erupted between two men shortly before 8:00 p.m. on the 5800 block of Malvern Avenue.
31-year-old Hafeezah Nuri-Din was walking to her mother's house when she was shot in the shoulder and back.
She was driven in a private car to Lankanau Hospital, where she died.
"It's not right, it's not fair," said Latifah Salaam, the victim's sister.Salaam is still trying to grasp how something like this could happen. "She was a beautiful person. She loved all her children, she was a good mother, a good wife, a good sister, good to everyone. She didn't deserve this," said Salaam.
Family members tell Action News that Nuri-Din recently realized her dream by opening up a pre-school for children in her neighborhood.
"She was living her life, raising her children, doing what she had to do. How can you come and gun someone down and still sleep at night," said Aisha Azziz, the victim's cousin.
The two gunmen ran from the scene and remain at large.
At this time there is no word on a motive.
homicide, shooting, overbrook, pennsylvania, philadelphia, crime
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 46 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies