Mother of four shot, killed in Overbrook
OVERBROOK - October 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- A mother of four was shot and killed Saturday evening - the innocent victim of gunfire in Overbrook and police are searching for the gunmen
Shots erupted between two men shortly before 8:00 p.m. on the 5800 block of Malvern Avenue.
31-year-old Hafeezah Nuri-Din was walking to her mother's house when she was shot in the shoulder and back.
She was driven in a private car to Lankanau Hospital, where she died.
"It's not right, it's not fair," said Latifah Salaam, the victim's sister.Salaam is still trying to grasp how something like this could happen. "She was a beautiful person. She loved all her children, she was a good mother, a good wife, a good sister, good to everyone. She didn't deserve this," said Salaam.
Family members tell Action News that Nuri-Din recently realized her dream by opening up a pre-school for children in her neighborhood.
"She was living her life, raising her children, doing what she had to do. How can you come and gun someone down and still sleep at night," said Aisha Azziz, the victim's cousin.
The two gunmen ran from the scene and remain at large.
At this time there is no word on a motive.
homicide, shooting, overbrook, pennsylvania, philadelphia, crime
- Robbery suspect sought, Villanova U. locked down 28 min ago
- Splendid spring finale 44 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Viewer takes photos of bear in back yard
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Computer outage delays travelers at Phila. Airport
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify
- Suspect robs Philadelphia Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate 36 min ago
- Philly deputy mayor: City not liable for demo sites
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL] 5 min ago
- Suspect shot by police in Carneys Point ID'd
1 min ago