Mother of four shot, killed in Overbrook
OVERBROOK - October 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- A mother of four was shot and killed Saturday evening - the innocent victim of gunfire in Overbrook and police are searching for the gunmen
Shots erupted between two men shortly before 8:00 p.m. on the 5800 block of Malvern Avenue.
31-year-old Hafeezah Nuri-Din was walking to her mother's house when she was shot in the shoulder and back.
She was driven in a private car to Lankanau Hospital, where she died.
"It's not right, it's not fair," said Latifah Salaam, the victim's sister.Salaam is still trying to grasp how something like this could happen. "She was a beautiful person. She loved all her children, she was a good mother, a good wife, a good sister, good to everyone. She didn't deserve this," said Salaam.
Family members tell Action News that Nuri-Din recently realized her dream by opening up a pre-school for children in her neighborhood.
"She was living her life, raising her children, doing what she had to do. How can you come and gun someone down and still sleep at night," said Aisha Azziz, the victim's cousin.
The two gunmen ran from the scene and remain at large.
At this time there is no word on a motive.
homicide, shooting, overbrook, pennsylvania, philadelphia, crime
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 24 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash 53 min ago
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Carolers to perform for cancer patient in...
25 min ago