Guilty plea in Phila. coffee shop rape
PHILADELPHIA - October 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- A homeless man has pleaded guilty to raping and robbing a barista inside a Philadelphia coffee shop earlier this year.
Christopher Reeves, 32, pleaded guilty on Wednesday to charges including rape and robbery for the attack back on March 30th.
Reeves was arrested in nearby Chester on April 3, three days after the early morning assault at the coffee shop in the Bella Vista neighborhood.
The victim had just opened up at the Bean Exchange when Reeves allegedly walked in saying he needed money to get back to his homeless shelter. She gave him one dollar and he left.
He returned a short time later, robbed the place, took her in a bathroom and raped her.
Sentencing is set for January 20, 2012.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, rape, robbery, crime
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death 12 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman 30 min ago
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden 40 min ago
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station 13 min ago
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 1 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Camden man accused of robbing 5 banks in 1 month
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro