Guilty plea in Phila. coffee shop rape
PHILADELPHIA - October 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- A homeless man has pleaded guilty to raping and robbing a barista inside a Philadelphia coffee shop earlier this year.
Christopher Reeves, 32, pleaded guilty on Wednesday to charges including rape and robbery for the attack back on March 30th.
Reeves was arrested in nearby Chester on April 3, three days after the early morning assault at the coffee shop in the Bella Vista neighborhood.
The victim had just opened up at the Bean Exchange when Reeves allegedly walked in saying he needed money to get back to his homeless shelter. She gave him one dollar and he left.
He returned a short time later, robbed the place, took her in a bathroom and raped her.
Sentencing is set for January 20, 2012.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, rape, robbery, crime
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 56 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 42 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 58 min ago
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 35 min ago
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos