2 Delaware men arrested for child porn
WILMINGTON, Del. - October 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- Two men from Delaware were charged for dealing in child pornography, Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden announced on Wednesday.
Cody A. Laisure, 23, of Greenwood, and Ronald J. Fontana, Jr., 29, of Wilmington were charged with 10 and eight counts of dealing child pornography, respectively.
Biden says the Child Predator Task Force arrested Laisure at his home in the 15000 block of Hickory Meadow Drive on October 5th.
They were tipped off by police who were responding to a domestic disturbance call.
Investigators say the disturbance stemmed from the discovery of child porn on a computer shred by Laisure.
Although Laisure had fled, police say they seized the computer and a subsequent forensic examination revealed numerous files containing child pornography, including video of children as young as eight years old.
Laisure was soon located and arrested. He was charged with 10 counts of dealing child pornography and ordered held in lieu of $100,000 secured bail.
Meanwhile, on October 6, Child Predator Task Force detectives and a State Police Trooper executed a search warrant at 13 Byrd Court in Wilmington after the address was identified through an online undercover investigation.
Police say assorted digital media, including computers, were seized and later examined, revealing numerous files containing child pornography.
Based on the evidence and an interview in which he allegedly admitted to using the internet to search for child pornography, Fontana was arrested and charged with eight counts of dealing child pornography. He was arraigned and released on $80,000 secured bail.
delaware, wilmington, child porn, crime
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Teen injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos