Police investigate rape in Overbrook section
OVERBROOK - October 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating an overnight rape in the Overbrook section.
It happened sometime between Thursday night and early Friday morning at 65th Street and Lansdowne Avenue.
Police say a woman, believed to be in her twenties, was found outside a church.
The woman told police she had been raped.
She is now being treated at Jefferson Hospital.
There was no immediate word on any suspects.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, overbrook, rape, crime
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 56 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more