Police investigate rape in Overbrook section
OVERBROOK - October 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating an overnight rape in the Overbrook section.
It happened sometime between Thursday night and early Friday morning at 65th Street and Lansdowne Avenue.
Police say a woman, believed to be in her twenties, was found outside a church.
The woman told police she had been raped.
She is now being treated at Jefferson Hospital.
There was no immediate word on any suspects.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, overbrook, rape, crime
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed