Sketch released in attempted luring in Delco
RIDLEY TWP., Pa. - October 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Ridley Township, Delaware County are looking for a man who allegedly tried to lure two boys into his car.
They released a composite sketch of the man on Friday.
Police say the two boys were walking in the 200 block of East Hinckley Avenue just before 4:00 p.m. on Thursday when a man, driving a teal Chevy, approached them.
The driver yelled at them to get into the car but the boys ran.
The boys were walking home from Lakeview Elementary in a heavily populated area when the incident happened.
"We don't know his intention, but there's a lot of crazy people out there," said Chief Tom Byrne of the Ridley Park Police Department. "We just don't want to take a chance. We want to find out who this guy was."
Anyone with information should call Ridley Police.
Police have stepped up patrols, making sure the area is safe in the days leading up to Halloween.
pennsylvania, delaware county, child luring, crime
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire 33 min ago
- Windy And Cool 36 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore 49 min ago
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila....
33 min ago
- Windy And Cool
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos