SWAT team finds man shot dead in W. Mount Airy
Saturday, October 22, 2011
WEST MOUNT AIRY - October 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police were called about a report of an armed man inside a home in the West Mount Airy section of Philadelphia.It happened around 2:00 Saturday morning on the 100 block of Sharpnack Street. When officers arrived they found two women running out of the home and screaming. Police surrounded the scene, and a short time later the SWAT team was called in. SWAT team members entered the home and found a 28-year-old male shot dead on the first floor. Continuing their search they also found another male unharmed in hiding. The man, along with the two women that ran from the home are being questioned. No word on any charges at this time.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
pennsylvania, philadelphia, west mount airy, shooting, crime
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 28 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 55 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 14 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos