Man accused of pulling AK-47 in fight arrested
Sunday, October 23, 2011
DOVER, Del. - October 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- Dover police say they've arrested a man accused of pulling an assault rifle during a large fight outside Dover Downs Hotel and Casino last month.Police say the Sept. 18 fight was caught on security video. In the video, police say 29-year-old Phillip Francis of Dover is seen taking an AK-47 from his vehicle and concealing it under a jacket. He was arrested at his home Wednesday and charged with carrying a concealed deadly weapon and other offenses. Police say they seized 7 grams of marijuana, but the AK-47 was not recovered. Francis was released after posting $4,500 secured bond.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
delaware, kent county, dover, guns, fight, crime
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos