Del. sex offender charged in teen rape
Monday, October 24, 2011
LEWES, Del. (AP) - October 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have charged a registered sex offender with raping a 17-year-old male.Forty-five-year-old Tyrone A. Gray of Lewes has been charged with four counts of fourth-degree rape, second-degree unlawful sexual contact and sex offender unlawful sexual conduct against a child. He is being held on $65,000 secured bail. Troopers say Gray met the youth on Sunday at the Dover Mall after having communicated via computer. Police say Gray drove the youth to Gray's home and assaulted him. Officers say a resident, who knew Gray was a sex offender, called 911 after seeing the teen go into Gray's house.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
delaware, sussex county, teens, sex offenders, sex assault, rape, crime
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier