Priest-in-training arrested in NJ on luring charge
MIDDLETOWN, N.J. - October 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police arrested a man training for priesthood in central New Jersey this week after they say he tried to lure young women aged 13 to 19 for sex by offering them alcohol and cash.
Perth Amboy police say 27-year-old Marcin Burek, who is from Poland, faces charges of luring, prostitution, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
Detective Lt. Steve Dollinger says police were called on Tuesday in response to reports that Burek was driving down streets and asking girls out walking to "go for a ride to buy alcohol."
Rayanne Bennett, a Catholic Diocese of Trenton spokeswoman, tells the Asbury Park Press (http://bit.ly/uLBbbY ) that Burek was studying at The Church of St. Catherine Laboure in North Middletown on a student visa.
Bennett says the Diocese is "deeply concerned."
Burek is being held on $20,000 bail.
--- Information from: Asbury Park Press
new jersey, luring, crime
- More Snow on the Way 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Video: Preparing for more snow
- Video: Tracking more snow
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school 45 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Study: Child an hour injured on high chairs
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 46 min ago
- Video: Recapping the Eagles Snow Bowl 53 min ago
- Roy Halladay retires after 16 seasons 49 min ago
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- More Snow on the Way
47 min ago