Bail now $2.5M for man accused in 3 NJ murders
Monday, October 31, 2011
CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) - October 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man charged in a deadly casino carjacking and two other New Jersey homicides is being held on bail totaling $2.5 million.Eighteen-year-old Raheem Simmons is charged in the fatal carjacking last month that began at the parking garage at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City.
He is also charged with the July slayings of Antwan Brown and Travon Kinard of Camden. Both were found dead in a car parked on a Camden street. Judge Irvin Snyder set bail Monday on the murder charges from Camden at $1.5 million. He said Simmons' alleged role in the Atlantic City case was a factor. He's being held on $1 million bail in the carjacking case. He was not represented by a lawyer in court Monday.
(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
new jersey, atlantic county, atlantic city, homicide, carjacking, crime
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 19 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 30 min ago
- Police ID man killed in shooting that led to standoff 40 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 27 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 26 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 43 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 17 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
43 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
19 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with...
30 min ago