Bail now $2.5M for man accused in 3 NJ murders
Monday, October 31, 2011
CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) - October 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man charged in a deadly casino carjacking and two other New Jersey homicides is being held on bail totaling $2.5 million.Eighteen-year-old Raheem Simmons is charged in the fatal carjacking last month that began at the parking garage at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City.
He is also charged with the July slayings of Antwan Brown and Travon Kinard of Camden. Both were found dead in a car parked on a Camden street. Judge Irvin Snyder set bail Monday on the murder charges from Camden at $1.5 million. He said Simmons' alleged role in the Atlantic City case was a factor. He's being held on $1 million bail in the carjacking case. He was not represented by a lawyer in court Monday.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
new jersey, atlantic county, atlantic city, homicide, carjacking, crime
- Snow today, heavy at times 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm 47 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 32 min ago
- Pa. Lottery experiencing outages due to weather
- Video: David Henry's noon report from Rittenhouse...
- Video: Katherine Scott's noon report from Delaware
- Video: John Rawlins' noon report from E. Norriton
- Video: Nora Muchanic's noon report from Trenton
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp. crash
- Arrest made in murder over Beats headphones 5 min ago
- Snow today, heavy at times
40 min ago