Autopsy results released in Hammonton double homicide
HAMMONTON, N.J. - November 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Investigators have released the autopsy results on the victims of a double homicide in Atlantic County, New Jersey.
In a news release issued late Friday afternoon, the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office said the victims, 64-year-old Diana Patterson and her 29-year-old son, Ryan, suffered multiple stab wounds.
Ryan Patterson had more than 20 stab and slash wounds, authorities said, while Diana Patterson had more than 10 stab and slash wounds.
No arrests have been made in this case, and investigators previously said they have not ruled out any possibilities.
Until the questions are answered neighbors are on edge.
"It changes the way you live," said Vernon Burkett. "It completely changes the way you live."
Earlier Friday, Diana's sister, Bonnie Kelsey, said she doesn't know why someone would have done this.
"She doesn't have any money or anything to be robbed or to be killed for. There'd be no reason to come to this house," Kelsey said. "Ryan was a wonderful kid, I never knew him to be in any trouble."
Ryan Patterson was an avid motocross rider and there was a vigil for him at Atco Raceway on Thursday night. Zack Amato knew Patterson through racing. He believes more than one person must be behind the killings.
"He's just a big guy and for him to be killed by one single person is just mind-blowing," said Amato.
The Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office Major Crimes Unit and the Hammonton Police Department are investigating this case.
If you have any information that will help in the investigation you are asked to call the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office, at 609-909-7800 or Crimestoppers at 609-652-1234 or 800-658-8477.
new jersey, atlantic county, homicide, crime
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 17 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Clouds to sun, cool today
44 min ago