Police make arrest in Reading kidnapping
READING, Pa. - November 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- It was an enormous sigh of relief for one Reading family when their kidnapped 14 year old was returned, after almost 9 hours of waiting and holding their breath.
It happened on Spring Street where the girl lives, where she returned, and where her alleged kidnappers were arrested..
Reading Police are throwing the book at a pair of alleged kidnappers, after a terrifying ordeal for a 14year old girl Thursday night.
The girl was forced into a car by two women outside her mother's home on the 400 block of Spring Garden Street around 3:30 Thursday afternoon.
They called her mother soon after, and demanded $1,000.
The victim's mother called the police, and the ransom calls went back and forth all night.
The police advised the girl's mother to pay the ransom.
The two alleged kidnappers returned the girl to her mother's home around 2:30 am Friday morning.
The women are all acquaintances, so, the police knew who they were dealing with. They staked out the home of one of the suspects, and sure enough, that's where the two suspects went after they got the ransom.
Police say they found a stolen handgun in their car, along with a quantity of the hallucinogenic drug PCP.
The suspects are 26-year old Grace Perez-Jimenez and 21 year old Samantha Conrad.
They are charged with kidnapping and drug offenses.
Perez-Jimenez and Conrad are being held without bail pending a court appearance later Friday night.
The 14 year old girl is okay, a bit shaken up, but otherwise unharmed, much to everyone's relief.
kidnapping, reading, pennsylvania, abduction, crime, david henry
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 53 min ago
- Brisk And Cold 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 41 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 42 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 46 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Brisk And Cold
39 min ago
- Raising healthy kids: Radiation exposure
24 min ago
- Truck stuck under RR overpass in Bensalem
32 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect...
42 min ago