2 men plead guilty in '09 Piazza killing
PHILADELPHIA - November 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- Two men have pleaded guilty in a 2009 murder inside a trendy Philadelphia apartment building.
Donnell Murchison pleaded guilty on Monday to two counts of first-degree murder and was sentenced to life in prison.
Langdon Scott pleaded guilty to robbery, burglary and conspiracy charges.
Those pleas came as jury selection was set for those two men along with four other defendants in the killing of 34-year-old Rian Thal and 40-year-old Timothy Gilmore.
They were killed in June, 2009 inside the Piazza at Schmidts apartment building in Northern Liberties in what investigators called a botched drug-related robbery.
Investigators seized four kilograms of cocaine and more than $100,000 from Thal's apartment following the shooting.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, northern liberties, homicide, drugs, crime
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Clouds, some sun, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 911 calls from Newtown, CT shooting released
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Center City caught on camera 45 min ago
- Police: Threat to father used in local scam
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion