2 men plead guilty in '09 Piazza killing
PHILADELPHIA - November 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- Two men have pleaded guilty in a 2009 murder inside a trendy Philadelphia apartment building.
Donnell Murchison pleaded guilty on Monday to two counts of first-degree murder and was sentenced to life in prison.
Langdon Scott pleaded guilty to robbery, burglary and conspiracy charges.
Those pleas came as jury selection was set for those two men along with four other defendants in the killing of 34-year-old Rian Thal and 40-year-old Timothy Gilmore.
They were killed in June, 2009 inside the Piazza at Schmidts apartment building in Northern Liberties in what investigators called a botched drug-related robbery.
Investigators seized four kilograms of cocaine and more than $100,000 from Thal's apartment following the shooting.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, northern liberties, homicide, drugs, crime
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 1 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower