2 men plead guilty in '09 Piazza killing
PHILADELPHIA - November 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- Two men have pleaded guilty in a 2009 murder inside a trendy Philadelphia apartment building.
Donnell Murchison pleaded guilty on Monday to two counts of first-degree murder and was sentenced to life in prison.
Langdon Scott pleaded guilty to robbery, burglary and conspiracy charges.
Those pleas came as jury selection was set for those two men along with four other defendants in the killing of 34-year-old Rian Thal and 40-year-old Timothy Gilmore.
They were killed in June, 2009 inside the Piazza at Schmidts apartment building in Northern Liberties in what investigators called a botched drug-related robbery.
Investigators seized four kilograms of cocaine and more than $100,000 from Thal's apartment following the shooting.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, northern liberties, homicide, drugs, crime
- Photos: Recent prostitution arrests in Philadelphia
- Clouds to sun, cool today 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 33 min ago
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 54 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
58 min ago
- Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze in...
55 min ago