Knife to be tested in Hammonton double homicide
HAMMONTON, N.J. - November 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- A knife recovered over the weekend is being tested as the investigation into a double homicide in Atlantic County, New Jersey continues.
The knife was found around 5:00 p.m. Sunday in the yard of a home on 12th Street in Hammonton.
The murder happened at 32 S. Madison Avenue, which intersects with 12th Street.
Investigators say that knife has not been confirmed to be the weapon used in the stabbing deaths of 64-year-old Diana Patterson and her 29-year-old son, Ryan.
Ryan Patterson had more than 20 stab and slash wounds, authorities said, while Diana Patterson had more than 10 stab and slash wounds.
The bodies were found inside the home early Thursday morning.
Meanwhile, on Monday, several warrants were issued in Deptford Twp., Gloucester County and several items were seized. However, authorities wouldn't say what, if anything, was found.
There have been no arrests and the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office had no comment on any possible suspects.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office at 609-909-7800 or Crimestoppers at 609-652-1234 or 800-658-8477.
new jersey, atlantic county, homicide, crime
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 51 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
51 min ago