Another guilty plea entered in 2009 Pa. killings
PHILADELPHIA - November 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Another suspect connected to the 2009 double murder inside a trendy Philadelphia apartment building has pleaded.
Twenty-nine-year-old Robert Keith pleaded guilty Tuesday to charges including conspiracy and burglary. Authorities say he broke into the wrong apartment as part of a drug-related robbery plot aimed at 34-year-old Rian Thal and 40-year-old Timothy Gilmore.
Thal and Gilmore were fatally shot inside the just-opened Piazza at Schmidts in the Northern Liberties neighborhood in June 2009. Investigators said they seized four kilograms of cocaine and more than $100,000 from Thal's apartment after the killings.
Another suspect is disputing prosecutors' claim that security video shows him firing some of the shots. Three of eight defendants charged in connection with the killings have pleaded guilty.
Jury selection for four suspects could begin Wednesday.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, northern liberties, homicide, shooting, illegal drugs, crime
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade 23 min ago
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized