Another guilty plea entered in 2009 Pa. killings
PHILADELPHIA - November 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Another suspect connected to the 2009 double murder inside a trendy Philadelphia apartment building has pleaded.
Twenty-nine-year-old Robert Keith pleaded guilty Tuesday to charges including conspiracy and burglary. Authorities say he broke into the wrong apartment as part of a drug-related robbery plot aimed at 34-year-old Rian Thal and 40-year-old Timothy Gilmore.
Thal and Gilmore were fatally shot inside the just-opened Piazza at Schmidts in the Northern Liberties neighborhood in June 2009. Investigators said they seized four kilograms of cocaine and more than $100,000 from Thal's apartment after the killings.
Another suspect is disputing prosecutors' claim that security video shows him firing some of the shots. Three of eight defendants charged in connection with the killings have pleaded guilty.
Jury selection for four suspects could begin Wednesday.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, northern liberties, homicide, shooting, illegal drugs, crime
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 29 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water 42 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 27 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 40 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
29 min ago
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated...
42 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
11 min ago