Another guilty plea entered in 2009 Pa. killings
PHILADELPHIA - November 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Another suspect connected to the 2009 double murder inside a trendy Philadelphia apartment building has pleaded.
Twenty-nine-year-old Robert Keith pleaded guilty Tuesday to charges including conspiracy and burglary. Authorities say he broke into the wrong apartment as part of a drug-related robbery plot aimed at 34-year-old Rian Thal and 40-year-old Timothy Gilmore.
Thal and Gilmore were fatally shot inside the just-opened Piazza at Schmidts in the Northern Liberties neighborhood in June 2009. Investigators said they seized four kilograms of cocaine and more than $100,000 from Thal's apartment after the killings.
Another suspect is disputing prosecutors' claim that security video shows him firing some of the shots. Three of eight defendants charged in connection with the killings have pleaded guilty.
Jury selection for four suspects could begin Wednesday.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, northern liberties, homicide, shooting, illegal drugs, crime
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 1 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death 43 min ago
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Pa. man gets probation for 105 animals in mobile home 56 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep