Surveillance released in Society Hill robbery, shooting
SOCIETY HILL - November 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have released surveillance video of two suspects involved in a shooting in Society Hill.
Officials say at 11:22 p.m. Tuesday, a 46-year-old male was walking on the 400 block of Pine Street when he was approached by two men.
That is when surveillance video shows the two men attacking the victim.
Police say one of the suspects then pulled a handgun and shot the victim one time in the chest causing serious injuries.
Investigators believe robbery was the motive for the shooting.
The two fled on foot east on Pine Street.
Suspect number one is described as a white male, 6'-6'2", 170-180 pounds, wearing a dark vest with a white design on back, black hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans armed with a gun
Suspect number two is described as a white male, 5'9", 150 pounds, wearing all dark clothing.
Residents told Action News Tuesday they are shocked and concerned.
"It's very shocking to hear this kind of news around here. It's an upstanding neighborhood and people are very friendly," Karen Pandola said.
"This is a nice area, so it's definitely a shock," Angela Mondelli said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Central Detective Division at 215-686-3193/3194.
robbery, shooting, society hill, pennsylvania, philadelphia, center city, crime
- DA's office: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 18 min ago
- Record Warmth! 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Several cars vandalized in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 43 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 6 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Record Warmth!
4 min ago