Arrest made in Feltonville night club shooting
FELTONVILLE - November 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- An arrest has been made in a shooting outside a nightclub in the Feltonville section of Philadelphia that left nine people injured.
20-year-old Montana Bell from the 4600 block of Adams Avenue will be charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault and other offenses.
The shooting happened at the Felton Supper Club at 4800 Rising Sun Avenue back on May 22nd.
Surveillance cameras first spot the two gunmen at Loudon Street and Rising Sun Avenue early that morning.
The police say they appear to be in their late teens or early 20's.
The two gunmen cross behind a stopped car at the intersection. They walk towards the sidewalk in front of the club just off screen.
They then pull their guns and fire, squeezing off 18 shots in just seconds.
The bullets hit nine people, four men and five women, including a 20-year-old man who was hit multiple times and a 26-year-old woman who was shot in the head. Amazingly, all of the victims are expected to survive.
The police say the video makes it clear that the trouble didn't start in the club, but came from the two gunmen who arrived as the club was closing.
Police say they are still searching for the second gunman involved in this shooting.
In the days after the shooting, police released that surveillance video to help find the suspects.
Anyone with information on the second suspect is asked to call Philadelphia Police at 215.686.TIPS (8477) or visit the Philadelphia Police Department website.The Philadelphia Police Department said it wanted to extend its gratitude to the public for its help in the arrest.
shooting, feltonville, pennsylvania, philadelphia, crime
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha... 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
22 min ago