Phila. man charged in Bensalem bank robbery
BENSALEM, Pa. - November 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia man was arrested and charged after he robbed a Bucks County bank Saturday morning.
Police say 20-year-old Andreas Acosta walked into the Bank of America branch on the 2800 block of Street Road in Bensalem and presented the teller with a demand note.
Acosta indicated that he was armed, by pulling up his shirt and displaying what appeared to be a gun.
Authorities later learned that the object was not a gun but a black cell phone.
Acosta was given an undisclosed amount of cash and fled to a nearby development.
The suspect was apprehended soon after and charged with robbery and related charges.
pennsylvania, bucks county, bensalem, robbery, bank robbery, money, crime
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 3 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Officials: Valentine's Day pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 18 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 8 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
3 min ago