Phila. man charged in Bensalem bank robbery
BENSALEM, Pa. - November 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia man was arrested and charged after he robbed a Bucks County bank Saturday morning.
Police say 20-year-old Andreas Acosta walked into the Bank of America branch on the 2800 block of Street Road in Bensalem and presented the teller with a demand note.
Acosta indicated that he was armed, by pulling up his shirt and displaying what appeared to be a gun.
Authorities later learned that the object was not a gun but a black cell phone.
Acosta was given an undisclosed amount of cash and fled to a nearby development.
The suspect was apprehended soon after and charged with robbery and related charges.
pennsylvania, bucks county, bensalem, robbery, bank robbery, money, crime
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ