Phila. man charged in Bensalem bank robbery
BENSALEM, Pa. - November 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia man was arrested and charged after he robbed a Bucks County bank Saturday morning.
Police say 20-year-old Andreas Acosta walked into the Bank of America branch on the 2800 block of Street Road in Bensalem and presented the teller with a demand note.
Acosta indicated that he was armed, by pulling up his shirt and displaying what appeared to be a gun.
Authorities later learned that the object was not a gun but a black cell phone.
Acosta was given an undisclosed amount of cash and fled to a nearby development.
The suspect was apprehended soon after and charged with robbery and related charges.
pennsylvania, bucks county, bensalem, robbery, bank robbery, money, crime
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 55 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 38 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 37 min ago