Trial begins for 3 charged in Piazza murders
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - November 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- A trial begins Monday for three men charged with murdering two people at a Philadelphia apartment building.
Prosecutors say 43-year-old Will Hook, 44-year-old Edward Daniels and 30-year-old Antonio Wright committed the murders over drugs.
34-year-old Rian Thal and 40-year-old Timothy Gilmore were killed in the Piazza at Schmidts building in Northern Liberties back in 2009.
Police say they found cocaine and more than $100,000 in Thal's apartment.
Last week, two men pleaded guilty to their roles in the murders.
Donnell Murchison pleaded guilty on Monday to two counts of first-degree murder and was sentenced to life in prison. Langdon Scott pleaded guilty to robbery, burglary and conspiracy charges.
Those pleas came as jury selection was set for those two men along with four other defendants in the killing of Thal and Gilmore.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, northern liberties, homicide, drugs, crime
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 17 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge 42 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
17 min ago