Delco teacher in child porn case pleads guilty
MEDIA, Pa. - November 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- A former first grade teacher in the West Chester School District pleaded guilty today to possessing more than 600 images of child pornography and distributing videos of children being sexually abused.
35-year-old David Devine of Chester Heights, Delaware County could face a $500,000 fine and up to 21 years in prison.
He was arrested in August of 2010 after a tip call to the Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
Devine taught at Penn Wood Elementary School and also ran a day camp.
He was released on bail after his arrest, but had to stay at his mother's home in Chester Heights because his home was too close to another school.
Devine was on electronic monitoring while out on bail.
He was not allowed to have contact with minors and cannot go where minors can be found. He was also not allowed to use computers or the internet.
pennsylvania, delaware county, child porn, crime
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs