Pa. man sentenced for secretly taping teens
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - November 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania man who secretly filmed foreign exchange students inside his home has been ordered to spend at least four years in prison.
Forty-three-year-old Michael Scheeler told a Lehigh County judge he was "rebelling against God" because of problems in his personal life when he secretly recorded seven teens inside his Lower Milford home.
Investigators say five of the teens were foreign exchange students, four from Korea and one from Spain. Three of the Korean students lived with Scheeler and attended Faith Christian Academy, where Scheeler volunteered.
Authorities say one of the students saw the videos on Scheeler's laptop and alerted an administrator at his school. Police located the recording equipment in a subsequent search.
Scheeler pleaded guilty in May to charges including possession of child pornography.
pennsylvania, lehigh county, allentown, spying, crime
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash 21 min ago
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar