Pa. man sentenced for secretly taping teens
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - November 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania man who secretly filmed foreign exchange students inside his home has been ordered to spend at least four years in prison.
Forty-three-year-old Michael Scheeler told a Lehigh County judge he was "rebelling against God" because of problems in his personal life when he secretly recorded seven teens inside his Lower Milford home.
Investigators say five of the teens were foreign exchange students, four from Korea and one from Spain. Three of the Korean students lived with Scheeler and attended Faith Christian Academy, where Scheeler volunteered.
Authorities say one of the students saw the videos on Scheeler's laptop and alerted an administrator at his school. Police located the recording equipment in a subsequent search.
Scheeler pleaded guilty in May to charges including possession of child pornography.
pennsylvania, lehigh county, allentown, spying, crime
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings 8 min ago
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Accident causes delays on I-95 N near Cottman in Tacony 50 min ago
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
8 min ago