Police: Footage leads to arrest in alley slaying
LANCASTER, Pa. - November 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say surveillance video has led to the arrest of a man who fatally shot another man in a central Pennsylvania alley over the summer.
The Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era reports 19-year-old Robert Baron Brown was arrested Tuesday and charged in the August 31 killing of Robert Hampton.
Investigators say surveillance footage from the area shows Brown and Hampton enter the Lancaster alley and Hampton's pleas for his life, followed by gunshots.
The Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New report says credited the footage from community safety and private cameras with being critical in bringing the charges.
Brown is being held without bail. Online court records do not list an attorney for him.
Information from: Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era , http://lancasteronline.com
lancaster county, homicide, crime
- Boy killed in Chester accident ID'd
- Unsettled to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman pulled from Phila. collapse loses both legs
- Committee sets hearings on demolitions in Phila.
- Video: Dash cam view of Lindenwold school bus crash
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Monday's storms
- Multi-alarm fire at titanium plant in Berks
- Girl, 4, dies after crash that killed father
- Burlington taxi driver death ruled homicide, victim ID'd
- Photos: 7 arrests in Phila. prostitution cases
- Automatic renewal contracts
- Tracy ties it in 9th, but Phils win in bottom half