Suspect arrested in Wynnefield homicide
WYNNEFIELD - November 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have a suspect in custody in connection with a Wynnefield homicide.
The fatal incident occurred around 7:30 p.m. in the 5100 block of Lebanon Avenue.
Police say a 24-year-old man was shot in the shoulder in the kitchen of his apartment unit.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was pronounced dead about an hour later.
The suspect was taken into custody at the crime scene.
Police say he knew the victim.
The incident remains under investigation.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, wynnefield, shooting, homicide, crime
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight 35 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
36 min ago